Presenting : White people damaging their hair by forcing it to do something it’s not meant to in an effort to seem earthy.
this shit is nasty
Omg! That last one is kinda fresh! I call it the Meatloaf
Seriously white people? Give it the fuck up. You don’t have the hair texture for that. Accept it.
Somebody told me that if I deleted this post I’d stop getting notes on it (it was blowing up my phone) and that *kinda* worked. I would like to take a moment and point out that I had a shit ton of people hounding my inbox and the comments saying they had dreads that look like this and they weren’t gross or that if they don’t shower this is what their hair does naturally
- The dreads in this picture are hella nasty. One is full of mold. That’s the point. These are NOT what dreads are supposed to look like.
- Hair that isn’t afro textured never ever looks like real dreads (i.e. they don’t look the same at all) If you had to backcomb, they probably aren’t real dreads.
- You are exploiting your white privilege if you can still go to school and work with your dreads in, because black people consistently have their natural hair deemed ‘unprofessional’ and used as a means to prevent them from getting hired and to fire them from jobs and have them expelled from school.
- They won’t do their own research. No, the Celts did not have dreads, no dreadlocks are not found everywhere
- White people calling themselves Rastafarian. Are you kidding. ‘Rasta’ and ‘Rastafarian’ are not terms meaning ‘Bob Marley Fan Club’ or ‘I like weed’. Rastafarians are AGAINST white supremacy.
- BUT BLACK PEOPLE STRAIGHTEN THEIR HAIR/ WEAR WHITE HAIR. One, black people don’t wear ‘white hair’. I’m not lying to you, walk into a hair story.You will find Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian but never European hair because it’s not as great as you think it is. Two, the fact that people with kinky hair straighten it with relaxer or flat irons ect is because black people are taught that their natural hair is ‘not good hair’ and because their natural hair is sometimes deemed as unprofessional. Do you like movies? Chris Rock made one about it called ‘Good hair’. Also, this.
- Your Dreadlocks are cultural appropriation. They also look nasty.
Happy Earth Day 💚 Poetry by Aiko Efuru 👽
don’t let tumblr make you believe that
-smoking is cool
-being a narcissistic bitch is acceptable
-trusting nobody is healthy
-starving yourself will make you beautiful
-hating everybody is okay
- that working hard for grades isn’t worth the time
- that having mental health condition is a perk
- that self harm should be romanticized
- that abusive and codependent relationships are cute
- that not being in a minority makes you any less of a person
SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT
So if a teenager is at school for roughly 8 hours, and they are doing homework for 6+ hours, and they need AT LEAST 9 HOURS OF SLEEP FOR THEIR DEVELOPING BRAINS, then they may have 0-1 hours for other activities like eating, bathing, exercise, socializing (which is actually incredibly important for emotional, mental, and physical health, as well as the development of skills vital to their future career and having healthy romantic relationships among other things), religious activities, hobbies, extra curriculars, medical care of any kind, chores (also a skill/habit development thing and required by many parents), relaxation, and family time? Not to mention that your parents may or may not pressure you to get a job, or you might need to get one for economic reasons.
BLESS THIS POST
also filed under: reasons high schools copy homework and cheat
Money Talks 1997
by the loudspeakers repeating that everything is fine
A subtle solace to demolish the troubled conscience
of a populace with no knowledge and every freedom denied
|—||Lupe Fiasco (via francesvanwoglom)|
Bruh, this is gold
HipHop fans are funny - all this culture talks about is realness, yet they hate reality. Take Lupe for example, he mostly talks about real life in an entertaining way.
It’s true that he’s a preachy nigga, but as much as these niggas hate him, you’d think it’s cause he wasn’t…
The most racism I have experienced since I was a kid and still to this very day, were all from African Americans. No other race has told me
"You aren’t black"
"You aren’t black enough"
"You listen to what? thats white"
"Size small shirt? You a white boy"
The list goes on. So quick to dismiss someone else’s race because they are simply different from what you want to stereotype.
I’ve heard a couple people make fun of a kid cause he was “too dark” and people make fun of their native heritage on the daily basis all my life. I think it’s fucked up that people round my way only care about an image rather than their race representation.